Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself...

For this blog throughout the semester I am going to examine how new media is affecting the sports journalism/sports broadcasting industry.

And for your reading pleasure, here's my life in 1 minute, 4 seconds:

My name is Matthew Kurtz.  I was born and raised in good ol' Bismarck, ND and am currently a junior at NDSU majoring in Journalism/TV Broadcasting.  I am a sports anchor for NDSU's student-run campus news station, 'SU TV News.  You haven't seen 'SU TV News?!??!?  Well, here you go!
I also write for Bison Illustrated magazine as well as lead a men's Bible study on campus through the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS).  I love sports (especially the Minnesota Vikings) and my faith is very important to me.  Here's a quote I really enjoy, and I found it fitting for this class:

"Make time for quiet moments, as God whispers and the world is loud."
-Unknown

Here's to a great semester!  GO BISON!

No comments:

Post a Comment